Monday 13 August 2012

Tyrannosaur Sculpt

This was something I did a short while ago. It was originally based on AMNH 5027.... And then somewhere down the line I decided to stop with that and roll along with it and make it look a bit different. There are a few things I wanted to change on the head, and I also really wanted to do more with the neck (and in fact did, a little bit). I'm definitely thinking of taking this thing back up and finishing it off.

It was made in a free sculpting program called Sculptris. Made by the developers of ZBrush, Sculptris allows you do do many of the same things as that other program. However, there are a few things that can't be done in Sculptris. For example, you can't get anywhere near as high of a resolution to the sculpt as you can in ZBrush, making it incredibly difficult to make crisp, good-looking texture. Oh well. At least it has a very user-friendly interface and is relatively straightforward to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment