Thursday 26 July 2012

Hello, world!


Hello everyone. I’m a highschool student and amateur artist and researcher currently living in Northern Ontario.

Ok, so what the heck am I gonna do here, now that I have a little space to do so?

Well, first things first, one of my major ‘hobbies’ is natural history. Especially Mesozoic non-avian dinosaurs. I tell you, this past year or so I have become so entranced in trying to soak up as much as I can about science and anatomy, sometimes it feels crazy. So anyway, expect dinosaurs. Plenty of dinosaurs.

I also make art. Or at least, that’s what people like to call it.  So expect me to spend a lot of time sharing that. And yes, this and the whole dinosaurs thing overlap frequently.

I also used to LOVE doing fantasy stuff when I was younger. Lately I’ve been so caught up in my precious science though that that (and the art, to an extent) have taken a back seat. I honestly would really enjoy getting back to some of that. But, we’ll see what happens, and where else this thing may go.

In case this sounds like I’m basically making a place to dump all my crap, you’re right. But hey, why not? I mean, with the ever-growing online community, and indeed with both more scientists and artists joining the pool, it is not only a great place to get noticed but also to get feedback from people who know what they’re talking about--it's a win no matter how you look at it.

Ok, that was probably a downright boring block of text, wasn’t it? Fine, let’s get this thing rolling.


Here's a Torvosaurus. This one was just a quickie and took little more than an hour start to finish. Did it early last year. I've tried revamping this one a few times since, yet somehow find the original to be still more appealing. Dunno why, but sometimes that's just how it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment